The Guild Wars 2 Guardian is a very unique class as it specializes in defensive magic. It loves being hit again and again. Each Guardian Profession is supported by a number of different passive benefits, with lots of protective abilities, this is very useful when partying up with friends or groups and works very well as a ‘supportive fighter’. The Guardian can also regenerate health and because it is a Soldier Profession, it wears heavy armor for its gear.
Guild Wars 2 Guardian Guide Abilities
Among all Guardians, they use three very specific virtues. Each with their own benefit. For example, the Virtue of Courage gives the Guardian the ablity to block incoming enemy blows, while Virtue of Justice allows the Guardian to cause as much damage as possible by burning their opponents. And lastly, the Virtue of Resolve provides health regeneration for the Guardian. Overall, the Guardian has lower health than the Warrior Profession, but combined with the Virtue of Resolve, this balances out the two professions.
GW2 Guardian Unique Skill Types
Using Willpower, the Guardian has these unique skill types below:
- Chains — three skills that share a single skill slot, which are executed in sequence on a single target.
- Shouts — these instantly buff allies or de-buff enemies when used.
- Spirit Weapons — summon ephemeral weapons to fight alongside the guardian. Spirit weapons cannot be attacked by enemies and can be commanded to inflict a powerful attack before disappearing.
- Symbols — these ground-targetted skills inflict damage to enemies or deliver a benefit to allies. Symbols persist for a few seconds and then dissipate.
- Wards — a marked area on the ground that stops enemies from passing through while allowing allies to move freely.
GW2 Guardian Traits
The Guardian Profession has five trait lines including Zeal, Radian, Valor, Virtues and Honor.
Guild Wars 2 Guardian Guide Equipment
GW2 Guardian Armor
Because the Guardian is an Soldier Profession, it wears Heavy Armor, the strongest armor of all armor types.
GW2 Guardian Weapons
The weapons for the Guardian are listed below:
- Hammer — Provides powerful close range AoE attacks and abilities.
- Greatsword — Imbue allies with retaliation and control foes with leaping attacks and blinds.
- Staff — Controls enemies with wards and AoE damage and supports allies with defensive spells.
- Mace — Gives access to a chain of mace attacks, as well as support abilities.
- Scepter — Offensive spellcasting weapon to bind and smite single enemy.
- Sword — A melee weapon with a good balance of offense and defense.
- Focus — Provides supportive spells for both offense and defense.
- Shield — A protective off-hand shield for local area of effect shielding.
- Torch — Scorches enemies while cleansing allies of conditions.
- Spear — Used for rapid, close range damage.
- Trident — Magical, long range support.
The Guardian has a total of twelve differentt ypes of weapon sets, and a possible of two weapon sets while underwater.
Guild Wars 2 Guardian Guide Crafting
Because the Guardian is a Heavy Armor user, it is able to craft any of the below items:
- Weaponsmith — Greatswords, hammers, maces, shields, spears, swords.
- Huntsman — Torches.
- Artificer — Foci, scepters, staves, tridents.
- Armorsmith — Heavy armor.
- Jeweler — Jewelry.
- Chef — Food.